- 8 years of proven industry experience in Information Technology or related subjects
- Degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience. ITIL certification (advantageous)
- SAP Basis
- Ability to work as part of an agile team, inter dependant as well as independently and submit deliverables on time and in excellent quality
- Travel to Europe required (3 x 2 - 3 weeks)
- South African citizens only
- Perform daily system handover and start-up tasks to ensure operational readiness of systems.
- Action and resolve IM (Incident Management) tickets.
- Action and resolve CIM (Critical Incident Management) tickets as required.
- Raise and lead tasks PM (Problem Management) tickets as identified.
- Action and coordinate CM (Change Management) tasks and tickets as required.
- Assist user departments in drafting system requirement documentation based on business processes.
- Ensure that all processes have been investigated / considered in obtaining the specifications of the user requirements.
- Propose and review system design and evaluate alternatives.
- Review and present proposed system solution to IT Project Manager / Leader and User Management or System owner.
- Develop systems solutions in line with quality and delivery requirements
- Ensure that the following steps in the Development Cycle are executed:
- Preparation of system/technical documentation (as per ISO standards)
- Preparation of user and operation manual
- User training
- System testing/parallel runs
- System implementation
- System audits/quality assurance
- Ensure that all processes have been
investigated / considered in obtaining the
specifications of the user requirements.
- Propose and review system design and
- Review and present proposed system
solution to User Organisation.
- Ensure that the following steps in the
Development Cycle are executed:
- Preparation of system/technical documentation.
- Preparation of user and operation manual.
- User sign-off.
- Time estimating
- Time estimates have to be adhered to
according to projects and operations.
- Estimated completion time to be agreed upon
by Consultant, Project Manager and User
- Control all aspects of systems operations.
- Measuring actual progress against planned
- Inform Project / Operations manager of any
deviations from approved / agreed operations
and maintenance requests.
- Regular reporting on system status.
- Ensure that the timings set by the Project
- Manager / Operations leader are achieved.
- Ensure user satisfaction/acceptance of all
- completed systems / processes /
- Provide support to all user departments in
achieving the approved company technology
and software objectives.
- Ensure systems compatibility with agreed AG
strategies and standards.
- Ensure proper maintenance & control of the
various systems by the Database
- Administrators and SAP Basis team
- Ensure that all job streams for a system
operate correctly prior to hand over to
- Ensure user appreciation of the principles of system development
- Provides assistance to users in evaluating system proposals