CORE WORK OUTPUTS
- Manage local investment strategy processes and steer strategic decision making within the AITF.
- Support the CIO and Executives to define the businesses short- and long-term strategy.
- Manage all OEM transformation directors’ requirements
- Leading industry-wide projects to enable the achievement of the sectors SAAM 2035 aspirations
- Ensure strict compliance with the use of funds and adhere to sound financial practices to manage return on investments.
- External positioning of the AITF to ensure alignment within the overall AITF strategy.
- Continuous scanning and analysis of the macro trends affecting the local and global automotive sector over a 3-5 year horizon.
- Establish, maintain and utilise relationships with key stakeholders, such as OEMs, funders, beneficiaries and government, to enable opportunity and pipeline development.
- Source, vet, size and segment opportunities in alignment with market trends and CIO objectives.
- Develop beneficiary pipeline related to opportunities through the management of marketing channels such as roadshows and online portals.
- Scan the market, prioritise, approach and secure potential funders to support CIO objectives.
- Analyse the gap between funder preferences/ requirements, opportunities and beneficiaries as inputs into annual plan.
- Develop and utilise proactive, predictive models to forecast optimal funding instruments required to achieve funder returns.
- Develop annual plan with inputs from finance and capacity development for approval by executive and AITF structures.
- Develop and report on monthly rolling forecasts to track progress against the annual plan.
Opportunity Due Dilligence
- Perform detailed beneficiary gap analysis to understand areas of improvement, capability to execute on opportunities and quantify risk.
- Develop and utilise service providers as is required to perform beneficiary gap analysis and the resultant development plan, with support of Regional Capability Partners.
- Recommend an optimal funding mix per beneficiary and articulate the overall impact on the fund and annual plan.
- Identify and implement investment opportunities; and identify risks between public entities and other stakeholders and propose mitigating strategies.
Preparation of Investment Cases
- Prepare individual and portfolio-wide investment cases for approval by AITF structures.
- Negotiate the terms of beneficiary and opportunity funding with assistance from the Head of Legal.
- Support beneficiary contracting on the basis of an approved investment case, with assistance from the Head of Legal/Company Secretariat.
Oversee Regional Capability Partners to ensure that:
- Beneficiaries are captured and serviced.
- Opportunities are captured and rationalised.
- There are regular feedback and contact sessions with OEMs / opportunity providers.
- All walk-in centres are adequately managed.