- Sound knowledge in Java
- Familiarity with Microservices Architectures, Cloud Architectures, or Container Architectures e.g. Docker
- Experience with Container Orchestration Platforms preferably Azure AKS or Kubernetes
- At least 10 years' worth of experience using front-end and back-end technologies such
- HTML 5
- Maven or Jenkins
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. GitLab, Terraform, Ansible, Concourse, Jenkins)
- Sound experience in developing backend applications:
- Architecture and Interface Design.
- Data modeling and Database technologies (relational, document, graph, time series, geolocation).
- Implementation of Backend Services.
- Restful Services, MQTT, or Kafka.
- Proficiency in UI frameworks:
- Angular (Version 9 or higher)
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented work behaviour in a distributed team
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- Fit for business purpose mindset, i.e. the solutions provided must meet the business goals
- Experience with testing tools like Karma, Jasmine, Postman, Newman, Cypress, Selenium, Junit, Robot, Jest
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with backend frameworks like Spring, Java EE
- South African citizen only
- Contribute to the refinement of user stories (the user stories at the beginning of a development sprint might not be finally specified)
- Clarify open points possibly making proposals and/or developing a prototype for further discussion.
- Development of backend and frontend user stories.
- Take part in regular Scrum meetings via Skype. Daily, Planning, Estimation, Refinement, Review, Retro
- Liaise with stakeholders and team members
- Support existing solutions, DevOps