- 6 + years’ experience
- Relevant IT / Business Degree
- Strong ABAP Development skills including but not limited to:
- Proven track record as a competent ABAP programmer.
- Good knowledge of Object Orientated Design Paradigms.
- Test Dr-iven Development Methodologies and how to make new and existing code testable.
- Very strong understanding of optimized data retrieval and code performance techniques.
- Modern ABAP understanding (advantageous).
- SAP Solution Manager exposure
- SAP MM, WM, EWM, APO exposure (advantageous).
- Good understanding of the Agile methodology (advantageous).
- Confluence and JIRA (advantageous).
- South African citizens only
Based on a strong technical ABAP background, play a technical solution architect role for all change requests.
Mediate between developers and functional team members, and will engage directly with product owner(s) and external partner feature team(s) for the respective projects/maintenance/operations requirements.
Technical oversight of developments on SAP systems that run global business processes spanning the supply, warehouse logistics and sales. Technical tasks will include, but not limited to:
-Reviewing proposed solutions and code changes, based on learned knowledge of existing system design and the organization's Global Development Guidelines.
- Making sure the development solution will align with the current technical functions of the system and will fit the overall architecture.
- Reviewing and approving the technical specifications.
- Reviewing development, checking code quality against the organization's standards.
- Reconfirming during the code review that the completed development
he following will also be expected:
- Reviewing & approving the functional specifications, make sure that the it is complete, understandable and logically consistent from a development point of view.
- Attending of all team meetings, including Stand-ups, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospectives, Sprint Planning meetings etc.
- Understanding the release management process,and keeping track of the release schedule.
- Endeavour to understand the organization's SAP system landscape and be abreast of what changes are planned and how they will affect topics planned over a release. •Go-live preparation and post Go-live support.
- Receiving, troubleshooting, resolving and closing Operational and Maintenance tickets within defined SLA’s (Service Level Agreements).
- Interact with consultants of other modules.
- Taking a proactive approach in the software development process.