QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma in the relevant field (Accounting, Financial Management, Business Administration, etc.)
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant practical experience in similar responsibilities.
- Valid SA driver’s licence.
- Experience in the use of Sage Pastel.
- Strong computer literacy (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint Outlook and Internet Explorer).
- English: fluent (speak, read, and write).
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Record and account for all transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness of required files and supporting documentation.
- Ensure sound management of bank accounts.
- Process disbursements in accordance with financial management policies and established approval levels.
- Ensure compliance with procurement rules and procedures and support staff to undertake their procurement requirements.
- Responsible for full accounts payable and receivable function.
- Process employee expense reimbursements.
- Ensure timely payment to all company payees and maintain complete payee files.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Perform month-end closing and year-end duties such as reconciliations, VAT reimbursements, inventory lists, etc.
- Ensure registration requirements are always kept current and files statutory returns and renewals.
- Support payroll function and manage leave capture prior to info transfer to payroll payments service provider.
- Maintain all accounting files to ensure completeness of evidence supporting accounting and procurement transactions for internal, audit and projects sponsor reviews.
- Perform continuous risk analysis to ensure internal controls are sufficient to mitigate risks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills (to perform variance analysis, budgeting, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Self-confident, ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently.