- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or a related field.
- CA (SA): advantageous.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in a similar role.
2.0 CORE WORK OUTPUTS
- Support the CFO in the implementation of the Finance Strategy aligned to the organisation’s overall strategy.
- Support the CFO in the delivery of operational functions, both internally and through external service providers where applicable.
Utilise forward-looking, predictive models and activity based financial analyses to provide insight into the organisation’s budgeting process.
Financial Planning and Management
- Maintain efficient accounting systems and processes for the organisation.
- Maintain internal control systems pertaining to financial reporting.
- Monitor cashflow to ensure availability of sufficient funds for the organisation to meet its obligations.
- Actively monitor the organisation’s long term and working capital.
- Manage organisational expenditure in accordance with authorised annual budget.
- Ensure proper maintenance of accounting records and documentation in compliance with statutory requirement, and organisational policies pertaining to loans.
- Process VAT refunds.
- Ensure provisional tax deadlines are adhered to and accurately submitted.
- Provide support in the resolution of tax disputes.
- Ensure accurate record keeping for tax filing and audit purposes.
- Ensure proper maintenance of accounting records and documentation in compliance with statutory requirement and organisational policies.
- Review and investigate all departmental expenditure on a monthly basis and ensure all discrepancies are reconciled and interrogated.
- Support relationship management with external auditors, service providers, internal auditors, regulatory bodies and banks (SARS, SARB) and professional bodies.
- Process the monthly payroll.
- Ensure that payroll deductions and payments are conducted in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Ensure adherence to deadlines.
- Support the Head of Planning and Investments in developing and running sound financial analyses and modelling on identified fund beneficiaries, highlighting anomalies, risks etc.
GOVERNANCE AND REPORTING
- Provide input into the compilation of financial reports in accordance with acceptable financial standards and practices.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual EEIP and other required reports to immediate manager, enabling sound business decision making.
- Prepare content to support the compilation of the annual financial statements for the organisation.
- Produce and submit the relevant reporting/ disclosure documentation as required by the relevant prevailing statutes and governing bodies (e.g. NCR, Reserve Bank, FSCA etc) to immediate manager.
- Support the management and control of the outsourced corporate functions that include Human Resources and IT.
- Monitor and ensure delivery against defined service level agreements, which must be defined so as to best serve the organisation, as well as adhere to its requirements in terms of data governance, etc.
- Provide input into the development of the organisation’s business continuity strategy.