- Post graduate degree in Finance/ Business Science.
- Registered CA/CFA or equivalent (Advantageous).
- MBA (Advantageous).
- Minimum of 10-12 years’ experience in the Corporate Finance or Investment Banking environment, of which 5 years at a senior managerial level. (Track record in unlisted fund management arena).
- Private equity fund management experience preferred.
- Experience in executing turn around strategies, management buy-out, etc would be advantageous.
- Experience in M&A
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of debt financing and investments.
- Strong financial and numerical skills.
- Relevant experience in the automotive industry and/or financial services sector.
- Superior understanding of how to fund, structure and close profitable automotive investments.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Sound business judgement.
- Clean criminal and credit records.
- Not declared insolvent and/ or a delinquent director.
2.0 CORE WORK OUPUTS
2.1 GENERAL STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
- Provide input into the development of the organisation's business strategy.
- Develop and implement the Investment strategy aligned to the organisation’s overall strategy.
- Provide strategic investment advice to the organisation Board and its Board sub-committees.
2.2 INVESTMENT AND FUND MANAGEMENT
- Review and approve outcomes and investment decisions related to proactive, predictive models developed by the Head of Planning and Investments, and intervene as is required.
- Lead and provide guidance during the planning and preparation of annual investments in the fixed income and equity arena.
- Provide advice on profitable and sustainable investments.
Work with the finance team to structure and negotiate investment transactions.
- Identify possible strategic investment trends and opportunities.
- Oversee the company’s investments which includes management of associated financial strategies and alternative investments to ensure alignment with the company objectives.
- Create a pipeline of opportunities and investment candidates.
- Ensure that all opportunities are assessed against the key investment criteria.
- Lead all initiatives for deal generation and structuring, including but not limited to negotiation of terms, due diligence, valuation and legal documentation.
- Manage the deal execution process and conclusion of legal agreements.
- Oversee the preparation of the investment proposal for presentation to the Board Investment Sub-Committee.
- Oversees closing of transactions.
- Ongoing monitoring and evaluation of investments and re-payments, by the investees.
- Ongoing monitoring and evaluation of non-financial support provided to the investees.
2.3 GOVERNANCE AND REPORTING
- Engage with the CEO and Board members appropriately regarding strategic negotiations pertaining to any key investment opportunities.
- Receive the approval of the CEO and Board members prior to final sign off on strategic investment opportunities.
- Ensures that reports to ExCo, Board and the Investment subcommittee are submitted timeously and detailed enough to assist stakeholders to make informed decisions.
- Review, manage and report on the holdings and value of investments and portfolio performance.
- Review, manage and report on performance as agreed, to co-funders.
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual EEIP reports to the DTI and participating members.
2.4 PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
- Provide leadership to own team, defining objectives to be achieved by the investment department.
- Create and manage an internal or external specialised team of professionals to analyse, finance, close and manage various industry investments.
- Manage performance of direct reports in a transparent manner, while ensuring agreement of annual goals, measuring performance against agreed goals and dealing with non-performance accordingly.
- Entrench a culture of high performance.