- Postgraduate B Com Accounting CA (SA).
- Minimum of 10-12 years experience, of which 5 years at a senior managerial level, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other Accounting standards.
- Good knowledge and understanding of SA Tax legislation.
- Financial and numerical skills.
- Relevant experience in the automotive industry and/or financial services sector.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Registration with professional body.
- Clean criminal and credit records.
- Not declared insolvent and/or a delinquent director.
2.0 CORE WORK OUPUTS
2.1 GENERAL STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
- Provide input into the development of the organisation's business strategy.
- Develop and implement the Finance strategy aligned to the organisation’s overall strategy.
- Provide strategic financial advice to the organisation Board and its Board sub-committees.
- Provide strategic oversight and guidance.
- Maintain designation as an NPC.
2.2 FINANCE MANAGEMENT
- Spearhead the planning and preparation of the annual budgets.
- Develop and utilise forward-looking, predictive models and activity based financial analyses to provide insight into the organisation’s budgeting process.
Financial Planning and Management
- Develop and implement efficient accounting systems and processes.
- Establish internal control systems pertaining to financial reporting.
- Monitor cashflow to ensure availability of sufficient funds for the organisation to meet its obligations.
- Optimise the organisations long term and working capital.
- Ensure that departmental expenditures of the organisation are within the authorised annual budget and strictly managed.
- Ensure sound financial controls, enabling the provision of accurate and timeous reporting.
- Oversight of the organisation’s insurance and liability management; contributing to annual and periodic business plans and budgets.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of the organisations loan book.
- Ensure proper maintenance of accounting records and documentation in compliance with statutory requirement and company policies pertaining to loans.
- Oversee the tax management function.
- Oversee processing of VAT refunds.
- Oversee provisional tax management.
- Oversee resolution of tax disputes.
- Oversee the management of dividend withholding tax.
- Oversee the preparation and conducting of external audits.
- Ensure proper maintenance of accounting records and documentation in compliance with statutory requirement and company policies.
- Review and investigate all departmental expenditure on a monthly basis and ensure all discrepancies are reconciled and interrogated.
- Manage relationships with External Auditors, Service providers, Regulatory bodies and banks (SARS, SARB) and Professional bodies.
- Oversee the payroll for the operations.
- Ensure that payroll deductions and payments are conducted in accordance with relevant legislation.
2.3 GOVERNANCE AND REPORTING
- Provide assurance to the ExCo and the Board on sound financial controls and processes in place to manage and mitigate the financial risk to the organisation.
- Compilation of financial reports in accordance with acceptable financial standards and practices.
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual reports enabling sound business decision making, to internal stakeholders.
- Produce annual financial statements for the company.
- Produce and present the relevant reporting/ disclosure documentation as required by the relevant prevailing statutes and governing bodies (e.g. NCR, Reserve Bank, FSCA etc).
2.4 PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
- Provide leadership to own team, defining objectives to be achieved by the finance department.
- Manage performance of direct reports ensuring agreement of annual goals, measuring performance against agreed goals and dealing with non-performance accordingly.
- Entrench a culture of high performance.
2.5 OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- Provide overall management and control of the outsourced corporate functions that include Human Resources and IT.
- Monitor and ensure delivery against defined service level agreements, which must be defined so as to best serve the organisation, as well as adhere to its requirements in terms of data governance, etc.
- Develop and maintain the organisations business continuity strategy, including the periodic testing of the actions, systems and processes as defined in the strategy.
2.6 DATA GOVERNANCE
- Embed and ensure adherence to sound data governance principles throughout the organisation.
- Represent data governance interests on the Financial and Operations Committee.